Friday, October 7, 2011

Where did the sun go?

Oh, I looked at the window and what did I see? This deary day was looking at me!



So this is what it has looked like here for the last 3 days. Boy oh boy, has it been a quick change of the weather. I was dying in the heat of the high 80's-low 90's since we moved and have had the ac running a lot. So it's been nice to not have to run the ac now, but a little crazy that the heater was going all night long. I'm definitely not use to having to have long sleeve shirts and socks on all day but it's definitely that time of year now in Idaho.

Positive things about the weather:

*We haven't gotten snow yet(knock on wood) like some of my family. It's just been raining a lot. Yesterday it tried to snow but didn't really succeed.
*It really makes me want hot chocolate or apple cider
*I don't feel as guilty when I want to just cuddle up with the girls under blankets and watch a fun show, do reading time, or simply nap with them.
*Eggnog is in the stores
*It makes me want to simply bake yummy deserts, breads, and an occasional soup here and there

Speaking of baking, this is what I enjoyed doing yesterday





Dinner was so yummy last night with homemade bread, mash potatoes (surprisingly I have started to enjoy making my mash potatoes), and a yummy smoked apple-glazed pork
loin.

No comments: