So I am totally taking advantage of story time at the library every Wednesday. It gives Ashlyn and I something to look forward to each week. Ashlyn learned about silly animals yesterday and had lots of fun joining in on the songs and sitting next to the reader. After we listen to the stories and songs we go and pick up several books. This week I checked out 6 books for her and she's already had me read them all to her. Her favorite one this week is called "Yummy Yummy, Food for my Tummy" because of the monkeys and sharks. It's great to see that she loves books and wants to read with me. I think it's so important for kids to learn and to enjoy reading so I'm glad we are starting early. I try to get her excited and tell her what kind of things we are going to read about at story time so she is more willing to answer questions and speak up when the reader asks questions. The interaction with other kids her age is great and it's nice to let someone else entertain her for a half-hour.
This is a great little program that the community does and I'll be sad to see it leave during the winter months :(

Yummy animal crackers and a fun coloring sheet for me to enjoy ;)

All ready to go, waiting on mom and Kaylee
No comments:
Post a Comment