Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Thankful for Answers

We had our ob appointment today and it was great to have our provider explain why I've been having so much pelvic pain and pressure. The hormone relaxin helps a woman's body widen in the pelvis area and sometimes if a woman produces too much it can widen too fast which can cause a lot of pain in the pelvic and groin areas. That is what is happening with me as well as our little girl is already head down and sitting right where all the pain is. The only way to make it go away is to simply deliver the baby. The downside is that the pain will continue to increase as the baby continues to grow. Even though there isn't anything they can do to help me relieve the pain it's nice to know what's going on. Baby's growing right on schedule and has a strong heartbeat which we are thankful for. I can't believe how fast this pregnancy seems to have gone for the most part. It's so fun to think that she could be here in as little at 7 weeks and as much as 9 weeks. I can't wait to see what she looks like and to discover all the similarities and differences between her and Ashlyn. The goal between now and my next appointment is to continue to increase my red meats and greens to help bring up my iron levels and to finish going through some of the play things that were given to us and get them all cleaned up.

1 comment:

Cami said...

I am excited for your little girl to be here! I need to send you her gift :) Sorry you are having so much pain-but I am glad you know what it is now. Hopefully it doesn't get too much worse