Thursday, November 1, 2012

Hunting 2012

I'd definitely say that this year's hunting trip was a great success. Josh and my brother-in-law, John, put in on controlled hunt and got it. My dad and brothers, Sam and Brandon, went up with them to hunt and I think they all had a great time. John and Josh went up on Friday October 10th to scout out area and came back Saturday night. Then all the guys left on Sunday the 12th after church. John and Brandon got their bucks earlier in the week and Josh shot his elk on Thursday morning. Was pretty impressed that Josh was able to get this 6-point. It was really fun to hear about his experience and to hear the exicetment. I told him to bring something home and he definitely delivered. Way to go babe!


















This little beauty was borrowed from my brother and his wife. We absolutely loved packaging our meat with the foodsaver. We decided that eventually we want to get one of our own. It's nice to know all of our elk meat is packaged nicely, labeled, and I don't have to worry about re-packaging like I did last year. It took us 2 days to cut up and package which isn't too shabby seeing that it was really only Josh and I doing it with 3 little ones needing our help. Our neighbor came over and helped Josh finish up the last hindquarter. Now our freezer is happy and so are we.


No comments: