So in in August my sister called us up to see if Josh was interested in going to the Boise State vs. BYU football game in Boise. Josh was all for it, he'd never been to a college football game before. I jumped at the chance to see my sister and her 3 girls, especially since I hadn't seen the twins yet in person. The game was scheduled for Sept. 20th and we figured that'd be fine to go since Jacob would at least be almost 3 weeks old.
Well as we all know Jacob decided to come in August so when we went down he was 6 weeks old. It was so fun to see Jess and Neil and their girls. The trip wasn't too bad, especially since we had a dvd player in the back for the girls. Neither of them slept much on the way there or back.
Ellie has gotten so big and has such long thick hair. The twins are just solids blocks that I absolutely fell in love with. The only way I could tell them apart was if I helped Jess dress them. I just loved their rolls. The thing that surprised me the most was that they eat as much as Jacob eats (6-7 oz) and they are 5 1/2 months older. Jacob looked so tiny compared to them. Jessica also helped me by giving Jacob his 1st hair cut on Thursday (20th). He now just looks like a little man.
Well when we got to Jess's on Thursday we had hot dogs, a veggie plate, chips, kool-aid, and a peanut butter ball w/graham crackers before we sent the guys off to the game. The guys had pretty good seats and if I can get Josh to put his pictures on his phone from the game I'll add them on here.
Jess and I worked on a Christmas block project while we were there and went to the craft store. When I finally finish my blocks I'll take a picture and post it. We got the idea off of pintrest but couldn't remember the exact layout of the blocks so both of ours are different in the sense of block shapes as the one posted on pintrest.
We had to cut our trip a little bit short because I ended up getting a migraine Saturday night that made me throw up. Grateful that they understood that we needed to go home but felt bad that we had to cut it short. We were going to have a movie night with goodies while the girls had a movie slumber party upstairs. Next time we come Ellie, we'll do it on the first night :) She was so looking forward to it.
Overall it was a really fun trip. Jess and Neil, looking forward to seeing you again.
No comments:
Post a Comment