Wednesday, May 9, 2012

KAYLEE



Kaylee had her 1-yr check-up last Wednesday. She is weighing in at 19 lbs 6oz (25th percentile) and is 30 1/4 in. (80th percentile)tall, has 6 teeth and is a healthy little girl. She did fairly well at her appointment considering she was cranky because it was almost nap time and she had to get 4 shots. She didn't like those at all, but what kid does. To help her the nurse gave a sucker and then gave both the girls a free coupon to get ice cream at Rupe's.

Kaylee loves bath time still and could play for hours if I let her. Just like her sister she's usually not ready to get out when I'm done and would rather stay in the water even after it has gone cold. Following Ashlyn around is a constant. Anything she sees big sister doing she wants to do, for instance she can do summersaults from watching Ashlyn do them. Climbing and being held are also things she loves. She likes to clap and dance around when there is music and will sometimes try to sing along. She is now really starting to understand bye bye and will often wave and try to say bye when people leave. Another favorite of hers is getting a hug and kiss from daddy whenever he leaves for work and when he comes home trying to escape into the garage to meet him. She no longer takes the binki (broke that habit around 10 months of age)and continues to sleep pretty well. I'm lucky that she still takes 2 naps a day.

Some of her favorite foods are eggs, toast, and lasagna. She pretty much eats anything within reach. She is even trying to eat with a fork. Transitioning from a bottle to a sippy hasn't been easy for her, but with time it will come. I was told to try and have her off the bottle by August (15 months)but we'll just have to see. Right now it's a struggle to get her to even do 1 sippy cup. I think it's just a comfort thing for her and I didn't really introduce the sippy to her until about 11 months of age (where as with Ashlyn she was trying it around 6 months).

Kaylee's biggest challenge right now is dealing with separation anxiety. If I leave the room, even when others are there, she freaks out. She's definitely a momma's girl. I hate to have anyone babysit her because I know she'll just cry most of the time, but I know it needs to be done. Her doctor said that she was a little more on the extreme side and if we didn't leave her with others while we go out then it's just get worse when the new baby comes. So here's to hoping, this weekend some friends of ours are going to watch the girls while we do dinner or something to celebrate our anniversary.

Kaylee, we love you and are so grateful to have you in our home. You bring so much joy to our lives! Love mommy and daddy!




No comments: