Friday, February 13, 2009

Surviving the first week and then some

Hello everyone,

I haven't posted since the pics but I wanted everyone know how Josh and I are surviving parenthood.

Ashlyn is doing great! She had her 1st DR appt. with Dr. Jones last Monday and was already back up to 7 lbs 13 oz (birth weight was 7 lbs 15 oz). She doesn't have anymore signs of jaundice and is eating a ton! She'll go in for her 2 wk check-up on Tuesday. She loves to sleep still and we haven't gotten her nights and days straight yet, therefore I'm not getting a ton of sleep, so if I'm on the grumpy side please forgive me. The last few days she has really figured out smiling and grasping her hands together. It's so cute! Luckily for me she doesn't dirty too many oneies or blankets in one day so the laundry isn't building up as fast as I've imagined, but the diapers are a different story. Josh is a little stressed at the moment, but that's understandable since he's working, school, doing the housework, and helping me out when I need it.
I'm doing better as well and seem to be healing at a good rate. I had my post-surgery check-up on Wednesday and everything is looking good. I'll go back in 4 wks to do my other check-up and then all restrictions will be off for me. I can even drive starting this coming Wednesday, if I can get in the car (I have to use a stepping stool at the moment to get in). I'm working on getting off my medicine too. I didn't think I could do it very easily but I haven't taken any medicine since 3pm yesterday (I take them every 4 hours, so I've skipped 4 pills already) and I'm going to see if I can make it until 3pm today. I'm becoming very mobile now and love to get out of the house when I can.
Well overall we are all doing well and can't wait to really be able to take Ashlyn out to see everyone.
In closing we would like to thank everyone who has brought us meals or who has come to visit or help out around our house.

WE hope you all have a super great day! 

2 comments:

Annica said...

Awesome! How are you liking Dr. Jones?

The Harmons said...

We really like him! I would recommend him to anyone.