Saturday, February 7, 2009

Ashlyn Paige Harmon

Ashlyn arrived on Tuesday Feb. 3, 2009 at 8:02 am. She weighed in at 7 lbs 15 oz and was 20 in long. She is absoultely perfect! Josh and I couldn't ask for a better gift. We can't tell yet who she looks more like, she's got a pretty even mix in her. We were able to come home from the hospital on Thursday afternoon. She did pretty well despite the fact that she didn't want to nurse. We finally ended up giving her a bottle and she downed it so fast. In about a 12-14 hour time period she went through 7 1/2 bottles and has been very content. She only woke up 3 times that first night home to eat or have a diaper change.We went back to the hospital to meet with the lactation consultant and were able to get Ashlyn to nurse again. Last night she only woke up once to eat. Luckily for me, my sister spent the night so I was able to sleep all night long, except for the 2 times my alarm went off for my medicines. Ashlyn is such a sweet baby and is so good. It's hard to think that she's here after so long sometimes, but at other times it's like she's been here the whole time. Josh and I are so grateful for this chance to be parents and we are excited to see how much she changes and grows. It's fun to see each little smile every day and to have her grab our hands. We know that it won't always be easy being the parent but it's going to be worth it.

Here are some pictures of our little sweetheart, I'll post some more tonight as well when she is awake.


7 comments:

Nicky and Patrick said...

She is adorable. Congratulations!

The Harmons said...

Thanks, we think so too!

Cami said...

Yeah pics finally! She is beautiful Jamie! And look at all of her hair! I am so excited for you guys!!! Congrats! That is awesome she is doing so well. I can't wait to hold her. :) Love ya!

Melissa Brown said...

She is so gorgeous. Beautiful skin tone and i am jealous of the hair. Allison is still bald pretty much. It was good to talk to you today. Love all the pics of the grandparents with her too. Love you guys!!!

Bryan and Karalee said...

What a doll. She is just beautiful. Congratulations on being new parents, and having a beautiful little spirit come into your home. You will make wonderful parents. She will be able to learn so much from you. I look forward to seeing more pictures of her!

Annica said...

She is so cute! We love her! Thanks for bringing her by today! You are looking great! :)

Ashley said...

Wow, you know you're too busy when you finally see pictures of your consin's baby a month after-the-fact! She looks so cute! I can't wait to see her!