Friday, January 16, 2009

Jan. 16th, Ashlyn's Baby Shower

Well tonight we had Ashlyn's baby shower at my sister's house. Bree you did a great job with it. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Attendants were my mom, Bree and Jess, Grandma Craner, Aunt Brenda and Ashley,and Aunt Maxine; 2 of my friends were unable to attend along with some of my other sisters. The shower was more of an open house event, so people could come and go as they needed.

We got a lot of fun things. Lots of clothes, books, and other basic necessities( i.e, bottles, diapers,baby, washcloths and skin care products, a baby bather, etc) . I was really grateful for those who could come and support us. I also have some awesome sisters that sent gifts since they were unable to come up.

Mom and Grandma both put their skills to work and made really beautiful gifts. Mom made me Ashlyn's baby blessing dress. I can't believe how perfect it turned out. Grandma Craner also made a beautiful blanket. I know that Ashlyn will always treasure these gifts and keep them forever.

As a group we also tied a baby blanket, ate yummy treats (brownies, rootbeer floats and/or shertbert with 7-up), played a game, and just visited. It was a really nice evening.

Next week I'll have another baby shower with Josh's side of the family. Most of them couldn't come so my sister-in-law is throwing one so that they can make it.

Life is definitely great and changing quickly, but we look forward to all the many new challenges that come with becoming parents.

Again, thanks for everything.

No comments: