So anyone who knows Ashlyn knows that she didn't start talking until after Kaylee was born and since then has become a very vocal (in both words and loudness). You also may know that sometimes she still is hard to understand, we've got a lot of work to do with annunciation. Overall she has a pretty good size vocabulary and some words we wonder where she has learned them because they aren't words that we really use. I wanted to remember some of these so I thought I better take the chance to right them down and I'll also give a little bit of insight to what was going on at the time when she came up with them. Enjoy!
1) "I'm Tired"- common response when I ask her to do something that she doesn't want to do.
2) "Daddy you are ruining my happiness and that isn't very nice"- this was said when I was on my 2nd week of bedrest and Josh was trying to get her to help clean up the living room.
3) Josh- "Ashlyn if you help clean up I'll give you some ice cream"
Ashlyn- "No, I want a cucumber instead"
4) Jamie- "Ashlyn, if you finish your dinner you can have some pie"
Ashlyn- "No thank you, I want more salad"
*I had a craving for homemade pumpkin pie after dinner one night so I decided to make it and once again my daughter amazed us with her desire for salads and produce over desserts.
5) Ashlyn- "Mommy the thunder scares me"
Jamie' "Well why don't you stay inside then"
Ashlyn "Ok, but you have to save daddy, the clouds and thunder are really grumpy"
*We had just had a severe thunderstorm alert and Josh and Ashlyn were outside doing yard work when it started getting dark and thundering.
6) Jamie- "Ashlyn lets make up a game to see who can get the most toys in the toy bin"
Ashlyn- "I can't mommy, I'm not a super hero girl"
*Since Jacob arrived I've been trying to turn cleaning into a game with the girls or a race and it usually works out.
7) "He's so handsome", "Oh no, baby Jacob is getting fussy again"- daily sayings whenever Jacob gets hungry or a little fussy.
Well those are the ones I can remember right now. If I remember anymore I'll write them down.
1 comment:
Soooo funny! She is quite the character! and a smartie too!
Post a Comment